Apex is a financial advisory firm with a national footprint. We provide financial advice to consumers and small businesses with focus on mortgages, funds management and insurance. Head office is in Mt Eden, Auckland with regional offices in Tauranga, Hamilton, Te Awamutu and Christchurch. This is a growing business with 80 staff nationwide, comprising financial advisers and operational teams.
Are you a tech-savvy individual with a passion for providing exceptional IT support? Apex Advice is seeking a talented and dedicated IT Support and Help Desk Specialist to join our dynamic team. As a key member of our IT department, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth operation of our technology infrastructure and providing top-notch support to our employees.
You will support, design and implement our IT operations and technical support process for a high-performance cloud-based service.
- IT Hardware and Software Management involving managing the security, procurement, setup, and deployment of IT equipment.
- Install, configure, and maintain hardware and software components.
- Provide first-level technical support to end-users, resolving hardware and software issues promptly and efficiently.
- Respond to IT support requests via phone, email, or in-person, demonstrating excellent customer service skills.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to desktops, laptops, printers, and other peripherals.
- Collaborate with other IT team members to escalate and resolve complex technical issues.
- Maintain accurate records of support requests, resolutions, and hardware/software inventory.
- Strong understanding of ticketing systems and be able to log, track, and prioritise support requests using the ticketing system.
- Strong understanding of asset management systems to maintain accurate records of hardware/software inventory.
- Maintain documentation of support processes and solutions.
- Assist in the development and implementation of IT policies and procedures.
- Regular travel to our regional offices will be required.
Experience with cyber security and monitoring an advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Information Technology or a related field.
- IT certifications (e.g., CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional) are a plus.
- Proven experience as an IT Help Desk Support or similar role.
- Familiarity with networking concepts, protocols, and security.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems and Office Suite
- Technical proficiency in troubleshooting hardware, software, and network issues.
- Solid understanding of data structures, data modelling, & database schema is required.
Join the team and work in a great environment with an attractive remuneration package. Please apply with a cover letter explaining why you are interested in the role.
A clean credit check and police check will be required.
All applicants need to hold NZ citizenship, NZ permanent residency or NZ residency, or hold a valid NZ work visa with a validity of 12 months or longer, that does not require sponsorship.