Collection, storage and use
During the course of our primary activity of offering you Financial Advice we collect personal information from you, including information about your:
- Contact information
- Interactions with us
- Billing or purchase information
- Others (depending on your level of interaction with us and our services)
We collect your personal information in order to:
- Provide Financial Advice,
- Liaise with professionals including but not limited to solicitors, accountants, mortgage brokers, and stockbrokers when a referral is required, at your request,
- If you have insurance, those involved in the insurance process including but not limited to claims investigators, medical practitioners, re-insurers, insurance reference agencies,
- Send you communications related to the service you receive from us
- Subscribe you to our newsletters (you can opt-out on request)
- Tell you about other products or services offered by Apex Advice, or to send you information and promotional material that we think may be of interest to you
- Get back to you on a regular basis and follow up on your financial advice needs or circumstances
Providing some information is optional. If you choose not to provide the personal information requested, we may not be able to provide our services as intended or place the products recommended to you with the respective product providers. We keep your information for seven years at which point we securely destroy it by erasing the digital and physical copies we might have (unless otherwise required by complementary legislation to comply with our commitments).
Standard message rates apply when sending text messages to the short code service.
Statistical information and cookies
We may collect statistical information about your visit to our website to help us improve the site, our newsletters or other communication sent to you as part of our marketing campaigns. This information is aggregated and non-personally identifying.
This site may generate cookies for the purpose of monitoring site usage. These cookies do not collect personal information. You can disable them through your browser settings or clear them out of the web browser you are using to view this site without affecting your ability to use the site.
Right of access and correction
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you would like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, we may require proof of your identity before providing you with any personal information.
You can contact us through our contact form under “Contact us” on this website or by calling our national number 0800 809 009.
About dealing with serious privacy breaches
The Privacy Act 2020 introduces a new obligation to report serious privacy breaches to the Privacy Commissioner and to affected people. As per our obligations with the legislation in case of a serious breach we will:
- Contain it by finding what happened
- Assess the seriousness of the breach
- Notify customers affected and the Privacy Commissioner, and
- Once everything is resolved review our processes to prevent future breaches
If you are not satisfied with our response to any privacy-related concern you may have, you can contact the Privacy Commissioner:
Office of the Privacy Commissioner
PO Box 10-094
Wellington, New Zealand
Phone: 04 474 7590
Enquiries Line (from Auckland): 302 8655
Enquiries Line (from outside Auckland): 0800 803 909
Fax: 04 474 7595